Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Kid in the Kitchen

My 11 year old is an avid artist.  She loves to paint, draw, craft, etc.  Last year she face-painted at our local farmers market.  She has to be constantly creating.  Her newest love is baking.  She's teaching herself to decorate cakes.  I suppose I should send her to a cake decorating class this summer.  It's hard to keep up with the interests of four polar opposite children. 

If you have a highly creative kid, my best advice is to stay out of their way.  I find the more I try to involve myself in their creations, the less creative the project becomes.  I am analytical, perfectionist, and a bit critical.  (I hate to admit it, but it's true) So, I find when I give my kids the tools and simply step back, they surprise me with the most amazing things.  Miriam's three layer chocolate cake is no exception.  She can make the most out of nothing of anyone I've ever seen.  Eh, hmm. proud Mama here.  :-)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment